The Community Rugby Standing Sub-Committee (Community Rugby Committee) encompasses representatives from each district, coaching committee, age grade, facilities and Safeguarding. Its aims are:
- Advise and monitor facilities for the game (including medical requirements & player safety), advisiing clubs where appropriate.
- Monitor Club Development - including whole club accreditation.
- Monitor and facilitate coach development at clubs below level 5.
- Oversee county competitions, leagues and merit tables. The committee is also the vehicle to recommend any improvements to the RFU North Competitions Committee.
- Ensure that all events are adequately insured.
In addition to the above, the priorities of the committee are to:
- Ensure that the role of the volunteer is properly recognised and rewarded through district and county coordination.
- Ensuring that the Planning, Funding and Review (PFR) process is monitored and outcomes measured. In addition, through sharing best practice, to ensure that initiatives and learning is disseminated across the county.
- Deliver the RFU Leadership Academy and publicise its work.
- Deliver the RFU Young Rugby Ambassador Programme, highlighting the talented young people we have across our county.
- To work with the lead up and legacy group of RWC 2015 and ensure that clubs take every opportunity to grow the game and their interaction with communities.
Your committee are:
- Paul Fountain (Chair)
- Tony Harrison (Central)
- Andy Proud (North)
- Sally Burns (CBVC)
- Brian Umpleby (South)
- Keith Dyas (Competitions)
- Gregg Bayliss (RFU)
- Kate Metcalfe (West / Aire Wharfe)
- Peter Morgan (Merit tables)
If you hve any views or suggestions to improve the work of the committee, don't hesitate to drop me an email.
Chair, Community Rugby Committee